107 W Ball Rd, Anaheim, CA 92805

I am extremely dissatisfied with the warranty process. I previously contacted Liftmaster on June 8th as my garage door was malfunctioned and unable to close properly despite good faith attempts.

It gave me the error code of 1-5. I informed your technical support that the unit was purchased brand new in February 2018 when I called. The representative went through the trouble shooting session with me. I was on the phone with her for a very long time as I was completely novice to operating the system, and it was a very difficult ordeal that I had to go through.

Unfortunately, the call ended with her telling me to seek professional help as there is nothing more that she could do for me. I was still unable to close the garage door. I wasted $100 hiring a so-called expert to repair the problem, and I continued to experience the same difficulty intermittently. Sometimes it functions perfectly fine, sometimes it doesn’t open or close properly with the error code of 1-5.

Nonetheless, I decided to reach out to the handyman who installed the unit for me.

He suspected that the problem could be either travel module or circuit board, and suggested that I contacted Liftmaster for a replacement as the unit is still under warranty. I found out that the previous representative that I spoke with did not log the information when I called to request the replacement parts on July 8th, 2019, nor did she inform me that it is still under the warranty. The representative that I spoke with informed me that I have to go through the entire trouble shooting again without a single word of apology. Thus, I requested to speak with a supervisor.

I was subsequently transferred to a supervisor who identified himself as Daniel Monrean. He gave me the same speech again without offering any other solutions. I reiterated that I should not be penalized to go through the entire ordeal again out of my busy schedule due to the negligence of your employee. I suggested that LiftMaster send a specialist out to perform the diagnostics at the expense of Liftmaster.

Of course the request was immediately denied before I was able to complete the full sentences. When I requested to speak to his superior, he initially responded that there was no one that I could speak with. I insisted that there has to be someone above him unless he is the CEO. He then reluctantly told me that someone would respond to me no later than the following day.

As of now I have yet to hear back from Liftmaster.

It is looking more like they are delaying and quite possibly denying to honor the warranty that is still active and current. I would give them 0 starts if I could.

Product or Service Mentioned: Liftmaster Garage Door Opener.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Have the company send out a professional to my house to perform the diagnostics to determine what parts need to be replaced, then honor the warranty by sending me the new parts.

LiftMaster Pros: No pros at all.

LiftMaster Cons: Poor customer service, Refuse to honor warranty.

Comments